Dylan's Homemade Tomato Ketchup
1½ tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 medium-sized onion
1 stick of celery
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon all spice
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
400g chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons of tomato puree
50ml white wine vinegar
50g golden caster sugar
1. Finely chop the onion and celery.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the chopped onions and celery, cover, then soften over a low heat for 5 minutes.
3. Chop the garlic, add to the saucepan, continue to cook for 5 minutes over a low heat.
4. Add the spice, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the tomatoes, vinegar and sugar and bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered for 60 minutes until the liquid has reduced.
6. Whizz the mix with a stick blender until smooth, then sieve into a bowl. The ketchup will thicken as it cools. Once cooled put into the fridge in an airtight container.
Alex, and his sister Emily, have been doing some fantastic science with Maddie Moate -
here is the link in case you want to have a go!
Here are some examples of the fantastic work that that Y3 and Y4 have been doing inspired by Arthur and the Golden Rope
I am writing to you to apply for the opportunity to tour your vault. I think you have an amazing collection of artefacts. It looks like there’s loads of history. I will be very careful if you let me tour your vault. The sword in the stone looks cool! I would like to see it in real life! I love artefacts, including Egyptian. I have a fantastic idea about an Egyptian snake staff toy you could sell. I promise to be careful and responsible when I visit. I hope to hear from you soon.